Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Calm Seas

The seas are calm but the sky is unsettled. Alas, we are in for another storm.

©2011 ShootingMyUniverse

Visit Watery Wednesday

P.S. I managed to get a few pixels worth of pictures of the Ruddy Duck that has been hanging around Fort Square for the last couple of days. This is a 15” duck that I shot at 75 yards. It is noteworthy because this is the first Ruddy Duck that I’ve seen on Gloucester Harbor. She is at the very top of her Atlantic Coast winter range.

Not very impressive pictures, but I had some good looks through the spotting scope. I asked her to stick up that long tail, but alas, she was too far off shore to hear me.

DSC_0011DSC_0013

5 comments:

texwisgirl said...

Stay warm if you can! I can only imagine how cold it feels near the water!

Frank said...

Time to hang on tight then?

Glad you managed some record shots of the Ruddy.

Lesley said...

I find they have an annoying habit of swimming away from me if I try to encourage them to pose for the camera!

chubskulit said...

So pretty!

My Watery Wednesday

Shahz said...

really calm water.. good for swimming...

Related Posts with Thumbnails