Sunday, January 9, 2011

Half Moon Bay

On our recent trip to California, Becky, Bob and I took a drive over to the coast on the 24th of December. Along the way, we stopped in Half Moon Bay for a bite and a brew. Of course, I had to check out the marina. Hey, where are the working boats?

©2011 ShootingMyUniverse

There they are and it is crab season!

©2011 ShootingMyUniverse

There, that’s better. Now I feel right at home.©2011 ShootingMyUniverse

Now I bust the region’s chops every now and then because I once went to a restaurant and asked what the local catch was, to which I was told, “Alaskan Halibut”. Now Halibut is a darn tasty fish but not exactly from the neighborhood. Looking below is a different story. These bad-boys are as local as it gets just south of San Francisco and they made someone’s Christmas meal a true delight.

©2011 ShootingMyUniverse

6 comments:

texwisgirl said...

Now that's a FRESH seafood market! :)

who i am said...

My favorite seafood too! Carol

Johnny Nutcase said...

Half Moon is a cool place, glad you stopped at the marina - sweet shot of the boats!

ksdoolittle said...

That's alotta' boats! Nice shots! Looked like a beautiful day to be out and about.

The Giraffe Head Tree said...

Gorgeous setting, but those crabs ... man. Yum!

chickory said...

This is my husband's home town. You did a great job capturing the marina. You need to go back for the Mavericks...the big waves. its insane!

Related Posts with Thumbnails