Monday, October 18, 2010

The Last of the Dragons

October is half gone. It seems like just yesterday I was out shooting the first dragons of the season. Now I’m shooting the last. These are Autumn Meadownawks. The red is the male, the brown is the female. Because it was cool, the dragons were a bit lethargic and I was able to shoot some macros with my point-and-shoot.

Dragonfly, Autumn Meadowhawk 10-17-2010 11-17-37 AM Dragonfly, Autumn Meadowhawk 10-17-2010 9-20-38 AMDragonfly, Autumn Meadowhawk 10-17-2010 9-28-39 AMDragonfly, Autumn Meadowhawk 10-17-2010 9-22-42Dragonfly, Autumn Meadowhawk 10-17-2010 10-10-11 AM

This year, I have created a dragonfly calendar for my personal use and have it available for anyone interested. It is okay if you it buy in bulk. Really, there is a price break if you order four or more. I have three calendars available for 2011. 

11 comments:

Dejemonos sorprender said...

Very nice photos of these dragons .. It seems that you like them. are cute and interesting ..
Greetings..

forestal said...

wonderful detail shots - i have been watching these last guys with sadness myself. I find myself waiting for spring already , although autumn is nice

dan

Andrée said...

so that's what they are! You've saved me hours of pouring over books to identify these. Your photos are awesome.

Anonymous said...

Just previewed your calendars. Beautiful.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Yes, I guess another summer season is just ending for you Steve while mine is begining. I hope this one is more productive than the last.

Great shots for a P&S.

Chris said...

Superb Steve and well done on the calendar!

VALKYRIEN said...

Facinating little red dragon! And well done on the calenders - neet idea! :)

Erica Houskeeper said...

Very nice Steve. Your calendar shots are incredible! Nice job. Hope you are doing well and enjoying the fall. It's crazy that October is half-way over!

Al said...

I am amazed at how good your dragonfly shots are, the detail is amazing.

cindyzlogic said...

Gorgeous Macros, Steve!! My fav is the first one against the Fall leaf...beautiful!!

bunnits said...

Wonderful photos of one of my favorite insects.

Related Posts with Thumbnails