Thursday, March 12, 2009

Skywatch Gloucester

I’ve been a fan of Sky Watch Friday for a while. But I discovered it after the time change, so I would go to work in the dark and come home in the dark. Now we are back on a schedule when I can get out and shoot my universe after work. Here is my first Sky Watch Friday post.

We had a blue sky day today. It has been gray, snowy and rainy for quite a while. The blue skies mean blue water. This gave me a chance to walk over to Stage Fort Park for the first time in quite a while.

The Theresa and Allison sets off to do some fishing.


©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

The benches at Stage Fort Park overlooking Gloucester Harbor.


©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

Lobster Buoy with Tenpound Light in the background.


©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

Gloucester.


©2009 ShootingMyUniverse



If you are new to SMU, I shoot Gloucester and a lot of birds. Follow me, bookmark me or just look around. Leave a comment so that I know you’ve been here. I try to check out the blogs of folks that stop by. Some I’ve developed a community with, the blogs on the right are checked each day. I also have blogs that I follow listed on my profile that get checked a few times per week. If you’re an outdoor photographer, I want to see your work! In Gloucester, all boats rise with the tide. We can all learn from each other. That is why I do what I do. (And it keeps me out of B’s hair.)

11 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I'm a sucker for sea and sky shots.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

How different it all looks now without the snow Steve.

Sylvia K said...

How beautiful! I'm like Yogi -- a sucker for sea and sky shots and these are marvelous shots! Thanks for sharing. Happy SWF! Have a great weekend!

Guy D said...

I agree with everyone above, sea and sky shots are some of the best. Well done.

Have a great weekend!
Guy
Regina In Pictures

Babooshka said...

That's what I call true blue.

VALKYRIEN said...

I agree; true blue, both sky and sea! And a beautiful town!

Roy said...

Steve, there are lots of lovely varied brown colours in these shots that would warm the heart of any Watercolourist.

Steve B said...

Roy, you have the most unexpected comment. I was thinking that it looks all so brown, but when you put it that way, it's more like, "Hey, look at all the brown tones!" Thanks!
Hi Valkyrien, Goucester is a rough and tumble town with charm and personallity. It has modern buildings and 17th century buildings. The building you see with the copper topped clock tower is Town Hall from the latter part of the 1800s.
Hi Babooshka, Welcome to SMU, I've seen you around the community. Thanks for popping in.
Hi Guy, This is a good time of year because the summer haze will be coming in shortly and it will be gray most of the time.
Hi Sylivia and Yogi, Welcome to SMU! Thanks for the comments! The sea and sky are a big part of photography in Gloucester.

Hi Joan! Yes, and soon we will see some green!

MaineBirder said...

Welcome to Skywatch Steve!

Great photos for SWF!

Tabib said...

Steve, Welcome to Sky Watch Friday!.

Great seascape and boat as usual.
Beautiful red Theresa.

Steve B said...

Thanks MaineBirder and Tabib, glad to be on board.

Related Posts with Thumbnails