Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Brewer's Blackbirds

Brewer’s blackbirds are fairly common in public places in California. I didn’t see many in Colorado, only in more natural settings and I haven’t seen any in Massachusetts yet. This guy is just chillin' on the wharf.

Brewer's Blackbird. © 2009 ShootingMyUniverse

This is Mrs. Brewer’s Blackbird striking a nice pose on a piece of sculpture.

Brewer's Blackbird. © 2009 ShootingMyUniverse


This guy is showing a bit of 'tude.
Brewer's Blackbird. © 2009 ShootingMyUniverse

10 comments:

Kallen305 said...

What handsome little fellas. I don't think I have ever seen one before.

Eve said...

They are beautiful and these photos are stunning Steve. I've never seen a Brewer's Blackbird. I do get to see the Rusty Blackbird come through here in the Fall, now that I know their "squeeky door" call it's easier to tell them from a flock of red-wings from a distance.
Thanks for posting these guys.

Kerri said...

Pretty Birds! I actually think the female is prettier than the male...which isn't normal. But maybe that's just me :)

Jenny said...

Stunning photos! So sharp, each feather delineated!

A New England Life said...

Love the first shot. What a beautiful bird. Are they pesky like most blackbirds, or starlings?

Steve B said...

Hi Sharon, They don't seem to be so pesky. They are a little low key. That is why I have an affinity for them.

Hi Jenny, thanks for noticing!

Yup Kerri, The hen is cute in her own way.

Kim and Eve, we got to get you out West! (Actually, I think I have a hole in my life list around Rusty B.B.)

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

LOL!! Love the 'tude one!!

Steve B said...

Yah, he's the "cock of the rock".

Mary said...

You are posting to quickly, Steve. I can't keep up with you.

That's a beautiful bird. Your photos are astounding.

Mary

Steve B said...

Wow Mary, the problem is I'm photographing too quickly and I cannot keep up with my posting! I'm way behind!

Related Posts with Thumbnails