Thursday, December 4, 2008

Heading out

This time of year is hard on me as a photographer. After the daylight savings time time change, the sun is rising as I’m getting ready for work. I step into the shower thinking that I should be heading up to Rockport, Good Harbor Beach or to Eastern Point to catch the sunrise.

When I get off from work, the sun is reflecting off of the building telling me that I’m missing a sunset. By the time the work is done, the sun is down.

Today I got off work on time and made it home. I said to my wife, "I’ll be out taking some shots, I shouldn’t be long". I knew that I had 5 minutes at most to imagine the picture and set up the shot.

© 2008 ShootingMyUniverse

These exposures were rather long, about five to ten seconds. I’m happy that my first picture caught a fishing boat going out laterally from my location and as the crepuscule set in, there was a trawler heading straight out, so the long exposure may work out.

© 2008 ShootingMyUniverse


© 2008 ShootingMyUniverse

6 comments:

Eve said...

I love them all, remember that you can find something good even when you think you are at a loss Steve. It's like yesterday for me, I chose not to stop and pick up a check even though the money would have come in handy, but if I had I never would have gotten the shots of the Merlin! You had to be at the right place at the right time for these beautiful captures!

Kallen305 said...

I cannot get over the color of the sky in the second shot. Photos like these are so nice after a day at work where all I stare at are walls and a computer monitor.

A New England Life said...

Beautiful pictures Steve. The color is amazing. When you see something like this you know it's going to be a special shoot.

Glad you were able to get of work before dark. My husband says the same thing ... dark when he goes to work, dark when he comes home. The shortest day of the year is coming fast. Pretty soon we'll be headed the other way!

Sharon

Steve B said...

Hi Eve, I know what you mean! That merlin shot is unreal! There was one day I didn't want to go for a walk after work, dead tired, nothing to see...yap, yap, yap. When I got to the other end of the harbor, I got some awsome King Eider shots. We have lots of Common Eider, but we never get King Eiders.

Steve B said...

Hi Kim and Sharon, These colors were spectacular. Shuch a deep red and the camera did a wonderful job at catching the colors. Just 17 more days and the days will be getting longer and the cold will be getting stronger!

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

You sure do know how to take pictures which capture my eye Steve. Especially the last one. It is spectacular!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails