Saturday, December 6, 2008

Chasing the morning light in Rockport

At 5:45 this morning, I could see that the sky was pretty clear and the possibility for a good sunrise was high. But the bed was warm and it was cold outside. I though I better get up to catch the sunrise before someone offers me some cheese to go with that whine.

© 2008 ShootingMyUniverse
The first two images are of Thacher Island in Rockport, Massachusetts. The picture above was the first frame I took. I could have left the scene a happy man, but I stuck around to see how the sunrise would develop.
© 2008 ShootingMyUniverse

The final image is taken from Bearskin Neck in Rockport, looking west at the clouds reflecting the colors from the sunrise.

© 2008 ShootingMyUniverse

6 comments:

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

I for one and very glad you stuck around Steve. What terrific colors. I was telling you about beautiful places in answer to you on my blog and this is definitely one of them. This area is definitely on my list for my next visit there. The more you show me, the more I want to see it for myself. With the sheese and "whine" could I offer you a biscuit? LOL!! Clever remark of yours there.

Andrea said...

Beautiful Pictures.
And an interesting Blog:I like very much small harbours crowded of fishing boats.

Bye

EasyDiverChris said...

Great first frame show, Steve.

You even caught the working lighthouse with its red sector beaming straight at you.

I noticed the spectacular sunrise this morning as we drove over to get my husband's hair cut at Walter Julien's in Rockport. He was the first customer at 6:30 AM.

NCmountainwoman said...

Great photographs of the sunrise. Kudos for crawling out of that warm bed and venturing out in the cold.

Steve B said...

Joan, I'd gladly take a biscuit. Speaking of “whine”, I’m going to have a look for that SA wine you mentioned. I’ll see if I can get it locally.

Hi Chris, I’m glad that barber shop was opened. I walked by the strudel shop on Bearskin Neck and could smell it baking. But he wasn’t open!

Glad to see the NCMountainWoman stopping by again and hello to Andrea, a first time commenter. Thanks for stopping by. The door is always open and the light is always on.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

I am sure the will have in in the bigger supermarkets Steve. If you do, enjoy it!! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails