Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Inspiring Alfred Hitchcock

We had heavy fog all Saturday. This makes it difficult for gulls to find food. On Sunday the high winds kept most on the ground taking shelter while some seem to be content to play in the high winds. Later in the afternoon Cabaret IV was coming back from fishing and the weather was starting to break allowing the gulls to get about their business. Often old bait is thrown overboard and the gulls will mob the boat looking for a handout. This is the most intense mobbing I’ve seen.

6 comments:

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Wow!! I have never seen so many in one area!! Good shot Steve!!

Eve said...

OH MY! Yes, that would bring back memories of a very scary movie! It's a wonder I still loved birds even after seeing that movie as a child!! Ha Ha!

A New England Life said...

Holy cow Steve! That's a lot of gulls! Now THAT looks a little scary, but intense. I love it! Wish I could have been there to see it for myself. Great shot!

Sharon

Steve B said...

I've been to Bodega Bay, California where The Birds was shot. I didn't see nearly this many birds there!

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

That picture certainly takes me back a few years!! :)

Denise said...

Goodness, what an incredible photo. I can't imagine being on that boat with all those birds.

Related Posts with Thumbnails