Sunday, September 28, 2008

Beacon Hill, Boston

My experience is predominantly wildlife photography. I’m totally out of my element in the city. There are so many new lighting conditions, shapes, lines, and forms to photograph in the city. This gets me out of my comfy zone.

Rather than succumbing to the temptation to pontificate on the justification for the existence of this photo, I’ll leave it up to you do decide the meanings, merits and shortcomings of this image. After all, isn’t that what art is all about?

2 comments:

PaulaO said...

This is a great shot! I love the Beacon Hill area. I think you have captured the lines beautifully! I love the way my eyes keep going to all the windows.

The reflection in the window in the foreground is interesting too.

I would never know that you prefer animals to photograph (except that I come to this blog five times a week!).

Steve B said...

Thanks Paulao, I'm always glad to have feedback. This was my first visit to Beacon Hill. I was blown away by the gas lights. They are actually ~gas lights~! The colors and the history of Beacon Hill are wonderful, each building with a personality.

Related Posts with Thumbnails