Monday, June 12, 2017

My 3000th post. Purple Martin photoshoot revisited

Goodness, 3000th posts. Who would have thunk? I have seen so many blogs come and go in that time. I know that some of you have been with me through it all. That is pretty cool.

©2017 Steve Borichevsky

I have had one post that always stuck out in my mind that I have wanted to shoot again. And that is the Purple Martin post from Thursday, June 26, 2008. I had a series of picture taken with a Nikon D80, a 70-300mm Nikkor and no Lightroom. I think I was using Picasa back then.

I quickly got out of the flashy FLASH picture viewer. I preferred to layout multiple shots on a page. It was quicker and I have the opportunity to view them at my pace.

So the question is…have I lern’t anything in the last 9 years? The above shoot took two trips and several hours to get what I got.

Below are some photos I took Sunday morning. Have I learned anything? Well, yes. I walked on the scene, judged the lighting. Took acouple of test snaps, made a tweak and then let it rip. My “success rate” was much higher. I took much fewer shots and had a higher keeper rate. The only thing that I couldn’t control was the wind direction. The wind was coming to my face, which ment 

©2017 Steve Borichevsky©2017 Steve Borichevsky©2017 Steve Borichevsky©2017 Steve Borichevsky©2017 Steve Borichevsky©2017 Steve Borichevsky©2017 Steve Borichevsky

That was fun. I’ll have to go out and do this again some year. Hmmm…maybe this afternoon!

5 comments:

Carol Mattingly said...

Wow! Now that's a lot of posting. I hope you will keep it up. Your photos are so beautiful. Carol

Steve Borichevsky said...

Thanks Carol. I suspect that I will be at tie for a while. I hope you stay with it too.

The Furry Gnome said...

Yes, I'd say you've learned a lot.

Ana Mínguez Corella said...

Fantastic photos .. Very well done .. Regards ..

Pam said...

Wow, that's a lot of posts! Such great photos :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails