Monday, May 8, 2017

Breazind Up (A Fair Wind)

©2017 Steve Borichevsky
I went to the National Gallery of Art with a few friends. I was pleasantly surprised to find that they had a few Winslow Homer paintings on display.

image

It is well known that Winslow Homer spent time in Gloucester. I first learned about Winslow Homer as a boy collecting stamps. Back in the day, I never thought that I would find myself standing in front of the actual painting, let alone looking at the painting and seeing Gloucester panted on the sail boat. You can learn more about Breazing Up (A Fair Wind) by visiting the National Gallery of Art site.

©2017 Steve Borichevsky

Two more paintings on display that give insight into what Gloucester looked like back in the day are The Flirt and Dad’s Coming.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails