Monday, July 18, 2016

Eastern Ribbon Snake

I was walking back to my car on Sunday morning following a hike through the woods. I was feeling rather satisfied with the images that I captured, but I needed to head back and get some tasks done around the house. I was walking along at a fairly good pace when I heard a faint “whoosh, whoosh” from behind me. I turned around and there was a snake coiled up and then “whoosh, whoosh”, it struck at me again.

Although I was feeling a bit of hostility from the creature, curiosity got the best of me and I decided that I needed to photograph this ferocious beast. I believe that it is an Eastern Ribbon Snake.

©2016 Steve Borichevsky

©2016 Steve Borichevsky

I was fairly certain that it was harmless, but nevertheless this is a popular trail with a lot of horses and dogs. I didn’t what this little guy to cause any more trouble than it did with me. I took a long stick and gently nudged it away from the trail.

©2016 Steve Borichevsky

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails