Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Glossy Ibis

This is as close as I have ever been to a Glossy Ibis. I’ve had very good luck with the White Ibis in Florida. This one was feeding in a field in Ipswich Massachusetts. I see them flying through the front yard in the summertime, but they are so swift that by the time I get the camera up to my face…well, you know the story.

©2016 Steve Borichevsky

I have to say that I’m impressed with a bird that can make a living by shoving a long pair of tongs into the ground and blindly come up with someting edible.

©2016 Steve Borichevsky

3 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Great picture!

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

Incredibly beautiful bird!

Roy Norris said...

Some great shots Steve.
We get the rare event of one turning up here, but I have not been lucky to see one yet.

Related Posts with Thumbnails