Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Spotted Sandpiper

I found a Juvenile Spotted Sandpiper on one of the dams along the Ipswich River. I was happy to sit and watch it feed for a while, but it was really a bit far off of a good shot.

©2015 Steve Borichevsky

I was happy just to sit in the shade on a summer’s morning, watching the sandpiper.

©2015 Steve Borichevsky

After about fifteen minutes, I decided to pack my gear and move along. But something made me decide to sit back down. About two minutes later, the Spotted Sandpiper started to come my way.

©2015 Steve Borichevsky

…and kept coming…

©2015 Steve Borichevsky

©2015 Steve Borichevsky

 

 

©2015 Steve Borichevsky

©2015 Steve Borichevsky

…and coming!!! It came in so close that it was at the minimum focus distance of my lens!

©2015 Steve Borichevsky

Be sure to visit Wild Bird Wednesday this week!

11 comments:

Roy Norris said...

I don't know though Steve No. 6 and 7 are pretty special.
Sometimes its good to see the bird in its natural setting as you would with the naked eye, equally interesting I think.

Margaret Adamson said...

Lovely to see the bird so close in the last few shots.

eileeninmd said...

Wow, awesome series on the pretty Sandpiper! I love the closeups!

mick said...

Beautiful bird and really great that it finally walked that close to you. Great also that you were able to get photos of the bird so close.

Kenneth Cole Schneider said...

Nice close shots. Your patience paid off.

Lea said...

Wow!

Adam Jones said...

Absolutely stunning shots. What a brilliant looking Sandpiper. Quite similar to our Common Sandpiper.

Ida said...

Wow that is so cool that it came so close like that. You have some fabulous photos here.

Pat Ulrich said...

great find -- awesome that it came so close you in the end!

Marie C said...

Lovely little bird! I guess he was really curious about what you were doing! :-)

Mary Cromer said...

What a sweet bird, so pretty, When I saw the feet in the thumbnail shot, I was thinking large bird and what a pleasant surprise~

Related Posts with Thumbnails