Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Something that you may not know about Cedar Waxwings

It is humorous to watch Cedar Waxwings in a field. They really do not know how to cope with the floppy plants. Since they are fructiferous birds, they are pretty much used to being on wood plants. So why is this Cedar Waxwing in a field?

©2015 Steve Borichevsky

It is eating bugs. I bring you this [blurry] shot because it does show that although they are fruit-eaters, they will supplement their diet with bugs.

©2015 Steve Borichevsky

Be sure to check out Wild Bird Wednesday this week.

4 comments:

Margaret Adamson said...

I am laways lerning something new every day so thanks for the info. Steve.

Mary Cromer said...

Just stunning images, love those Waxwings~

Marilyn Kircus said...

I noticed a bird moving on the ground next to my little stream. When I looked closer, it was a cedar waxwing. It too was feeding babies who need bugs. Hopefully, I'll see waxwings more before I leave as they switch back to fruits. I do have a few berry bushes around the trailer I live in on my current assignment.

Pat Ulrich said...

Very interesting about the bugs -- always a pleasure to see waxwings!

Related Posts with Thumbnails