Friday, August 7, 2015

Bird photography and being fearless with the light, Forgotten Photo Friday

For this Forgotten Photo Friday, I some photos that should get forgotten, yet here they are. I shoot in RAW format so I can get away with photographic murder. None of these are particularly noteworthy, but I know that sometime I’m going to run into that once-in-a-lifetime chance and that chance will not provide optimum lighting conditions. As an example, I’ve never had optimum lighting for Black-billed Cuckoos.  So sometimes I’ll see a scene that looks like I may need to do “a tad bit of darkroom work” on it and and shoot it just for darkroom practice.

Take this Eastern Wood Peewee. It was down in the shadow of the tree and backlit by the red of the barn. Yah, I’d shoot that.

©2015 Steve Borichevsky

And this juvenile Common Yellowthroat that jumped up between me and the sun. I just had to take a shot or two. There wasn’t time to set up a fill flash, I just had to get the camera up to my face and compose a shot.

©2015 Steve Borichevsky

©2015 Steve Borichevsky

And this Great Blue Herron was just posing so nicely in with the sun on his left shoulder.

©2015 Steve Borichevsky

Cardinals. I have them in my yard, but I never get a chance to shoot them. They just do not like attention.

©2015 Steve Borichevsky

All of these were don in less than ideal lighting but you have to be fearless with the light.

2 comments:

Roy Norris said...

You did a great job with these Steve.

Margaret Adamson said...

A lovely series of bird images Steve. Have a lovely weekend.

Related Posts with Thumbnails