Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Juvenile Eastern Phoebes

At least, that’s what I think they are! Unfortunately I was so focused on working with the four fledglings that I didn’t pay a whole lot of attention to the parents which were off foraging. After about 10 minutes of working with the kids, I left them so that I didn’t cause the parents any stress.

My first impression when I saw the parents was that they were Eastern Phoebes. But when I got back, I started looking at Eastern Wood-pewees. The juveniles can be a little confusing, especially when the yellow wash on the belly tended to come and go with the changing light conditions!

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

Be sure to visit Wild Bird Wednesday this week!

9 comments:

VetVoyeur said...

Whatever they are, they're terribly cute!

Margaret Adamson said...

You got great shot of them whatever they are. Maybe you might see them again with parents.

Roy Norris said...

Some great shots Steve, especially number 4 with that background.

bailey-road.com said...

Cute little birds, beautifully photographed.

Amazing wonders in my life said...

Wow... stunning shots!!! well captured

Silver Parrot said...

Such cute little birdies - and you took wonderful photos of them!

Marie C said...

They are beautiful birds...either way! Love your photos!

Adam Jones said...

Super shots.

Mary Cromer said...

Oh My Goodness, so happy that I did not miss these. How precious they are and the photos are marvelous~

Related Posts with Thumbnails