Friday, June 5, 2015

Forgotten Photo Friday, Madrid white balance nightmare

This is a repost of a photo I took in Madrid in June 2012. It’s not that this is an overly compelling image, but sometimes I just feel like banging my head against a wall. The problem was that there were a few different light sources. Three of which were tungsten, fluorescent and natural light through a window. Back in these days, I shot auto white balance. In this setting, it wouldn’t have mattered what I had my camera set to. It is just a white balance nightmare.

The value of this image to me is that it was taken when we just got settled in and we wanted to start our foodie experience.

 ©2012 Steve Borichevsky

But a couple of hours of tweaking this and adjusting that, this is what I finally settled on. Again, not that this is such a great photo, but exercises like this help to increase my awareness of light sources. 

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

Just for fun, here is a picture that I took later on the trip.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

1 comment:

Roy Norris said...

Its a nightmare Steve, but you ended up with a good image.

Related Posts with Thumbnails