Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Black-billed Cuckoo!

As I mentioned Sunday, you can count the numbers of Cuckoos that I have see on one hand. Sunday morning I took a walk in the Ipswich River Wildlife Sanctuary. I caught a glimpse of movement out of the corner of my eye. It was another Black-billed Cuckoo!  I stayed with it for about 15 minutes and managed to get a few usable photos in the very low light conditions.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

Be sure to visit Wild Bird Wednesday this week.

6 comments:

Margaret Adamson said...

You certainly got good shots of this Cuckoo Steve.

Frank said...

Excellent output Steve under those circumstances.

eileeninmd said...

Awesome sighting of the Cuckoo, great photos.

Adam Jones said...

Fantastic images. To me any image of a Cuckoo is great and yours are certainly better than that.

bailey-road.com said...

Wonderful captures.

Marie C said...

Awesome sighting and photos! I am so jealous! I've never seen a cuckoo, black-billed or otherwise!

Related Posts with Thumbnails