Thursday, May 7, 2015

The many moods of a Sunday night on Cape Neddick

This was the scene when I arrived on Cape Neddick in York, Maine on Sunday night. I knew that there was going to be a full moon and I knew that it was going to rise right over “The Nubble” as seen from the parking lot. I arrived at 6:00 and moon rise was scheduled for 7:30 so I had some time to spend watching the other people enjoy the scenery.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

I’ve been here dozens of times, but this is the lowest I’ve ever seen the tide. Not that it was an extraordinarily low tide, but I just have not been around for low tide before.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

As the sun was going down directly behind, the colors started to warm up.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

Soon it was show time. The moon was rising and the sun was gone. The colors had cooled off off again.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

Since the Nubble sits so high, it took a deal of time for the moon to rise high enough to get it in the picture with the lighthouse.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

After this, it became a battle of getting an exposure with detail in the moon and getting an exposure so that one could see the buildings. But that is a post for another day.

4 comments:

Ana Mínguez Corella said...

Lovely place.. Nice pics.. Regards

Wilma said...

I love the perspective of with the moon beside the building and lower than the light. You managed a wonderful exposure too. Terrific image.

eileeninmd said...

I love the lighthouse and the pretty moon! Great photos. Happy Friday, have a great weekend!

bettyl-NZ said...

I'm impressed with these shots. Nicely done.

Related Posts with Thumbnails