Saturday, March 7, 2015

Some of my favorite Common Eider shots

I've been on an intense program lately and have not been able to go out and get fresh content. So I hope you don't mind if I throw out this material from a few years ago.

I was walking by the docks and saw a couple of male Common Eiders sauntering in. This is a bit unusual because the tend to shy away from people. But sometimes you get lucky and if you are in an area where they are used to see fishermen working on the docks, they may come in. This time I got lucky.

©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

©2009 ShootingMyUniverse



Visit Camera Critters

5 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Steve, beautiful closeups of the Eider.. They are cool birds! Happy weekend!

Margaret Adamson said...

Don't mind at all as these are fantastic close ups of this beautiful Male Eider. I hope you have a lovely weekend.

Carol Mattingly said...

Oh Steve how I would love to photograph an Eider. They are so cool looking. You did a great job and my favorite is the last one. You know how I love blue water and sun. Stay warm up there.Carol

The Furry Gnome said...

You certainly got close to them!

Ana Mínguez Corella said...

Just beautiful.. Congrats..

Related Posts with Thumbnails