Monday, February 16, 2015

Taking a break from shoveling the back deck

These are my backyard buddies. I took a break from shoveling and did some shooting. Not because I’ve never shot these birds before, but because I’ve never shot them in such difficult light. So this is more of a photo study to tell myself that when I stop whining and take out my gear I can actually get something done.

Now mind you, I don’t have the beans for real fancy long lenses. These were all shot at 300mm on my D7100 in crop sensor mode.

Mr. Dark-eyed Junco.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

Mrs. Dark-eyed Junco

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

A nice high key shot of a Tufted Titmouse

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

Tufted Titmouse

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

Black-capped Chickadee

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

American Tree Sparrow

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

White-throated Sparrow. (I cannot wait for them to start singing again.)

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

3 comments:

Roy Norris said...

These are perfect images Steve.
One thing about snow, it does produce some good light, even if you have to work hard to control it.

Margaret Adamson said...

Lovely series of bird images.

The Furry Gnome said...

They look like great photos to me. I'd be glad to get anything close.

Related Posts with Thumbnails