Saturday, January 24, 2015

Snow Day

We are getting a little snow storm today so I’m taking a snow day. I only take feeder shots when I get something cool come in. I would consider a White-winged Crossbill to be considered a cool bird.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

Needless to say that it was a busy day at the feeder. That is not unusual, on a typical day, we get American Goldfinch, Black-capped Chickadees, White-breasted Nuthatch, Song Sparrow, Northern Cardinal, Tufted Titmice, and Morning Doves. In the winter, we get Dark-eyed Juncos, White-throated Sparrows and Tree Sparrows added to the mix.

3 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Oh yes, the Crossbill is a cool bird. I would love to see one at my feeder too. Happy weekend!

Kerri Farley said...

That is a very neat bird!!!

Ida said...

Very interesting bird, I've never seen this bird before. I do like it's unusual beak.

Related Posts with Thumbnails