Sunday, November 30, 2014

Let me explain my recent absence

I know I’ve been a little off and on lately. Let me explain what happened. Of course, here in the United States, we celebrated our Thanksgiving holiday last Thursday. Alas, we got a load of used, wet air from off the coast of Florida that screamed up the eastern seaboard. My original plan was to go out Wednesday, but since we were set to get hit by a significant Nor’ Easter, I decided to leave for my parents house in New York Tuesday night. It was a last minute decision to get ahead of the storm. Thus, I was not able to set up my posts.

The storm hit Wednesday and blew threw early Thursday morning. The family decided to postpone our celebration until Friday because we had other family members traveling in from Vermont and some were without power.

Usually these storms are accompanied with a lot of wind afterwards. This one was not. I had a golden opportunity to go out to get some great snow shots!

This is a derelict railroad station in Eagle Bridge, New York. I’ve often wanted to shoot it, but it really does not have good curb appeal and the light has always been terrible. But Thursday was my opportunity.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

I did not know that there is a Pan American Railways company. I arrived as the track inspectors were setting out to ride the rails after the storm.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

3 comments:

Felicia said...

What alot of character that old railroad station has. how neat to see the truck take off on the rails.

Ida said...

That first shot is wonderful. Looks like you got a lot more snow then we did.

NatureStop said...

Lovely snowy shots. Have a great week ahead!

Shantana

Related Posts with Thumbnails