Monday, November 3, 2014

John Kimball House

We have a deal of historical homes in Ipswich. This is the John Kimball house which was build around 1680. This is what it looks like during the first snow of the season. It is quite striking with the sugar maples in front, however the traffic signs are an eyesore and detract from the curb appeal of the house. But it is what it is.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

I drive by this house everyday and often wanted to shoot it, however those signs prevented me from seeing a picture. As I was driving on my way to work, I had a shift in perspective found an angle that just might work. After figuring out an angle, then I noticed that the light has to be right! Oh is there any hope or getting this image?

Yesterday the light was right but the weather was rather nasty. Maybe I can still get an interesting image that shows Ipswich in the fall.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

The former was shot at 1/60sec, the latter at 1/160sec.

These leaves are not going to stay on this tree forever. But at least now I have figured out a way to get this setting. It will also be quite nice in the summer with the green leaves.

2 comments:

Roy Norris said...

Wow! nasty weather already Steve, but the image is great.

Felicia said...

beautiful house. I would love to see inside.

Related Posts with Thumbnails