Sunday, October 19, 2014

Back in the US

I was away on business travel last week, visiting Germany and France. It was a very productive trip. Fortunately we had a little time to walk around. Here is a shot of me in Annecy, France.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

On this trip, I decided to not take my big boy cameras. It’s a lot of bulk for business travel. However I did bring along my new LG G3 cellphone.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

I’ve had it for about two weeks and we are becoming good friends. Above is a pretty difficult shot because it was taken as the sun was going down. Below is another tough shot of a bakery. There was funky light shining on the stonework and the bright lights from inside the shop. Tough shooting, but the cellphone did a good job. Let’s face it, the G3’s camera has demonstrated quite a dynamic range in this image.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

Will the G3 replace my full frame D600? Only on business trips.

5 comments:

Roy Norris said...

Who would have thought you could have a 13mp camera in a phone Steve. Amazing results really.

John @ Sinbad and I on the Loose said...

My phone out performs my point & shoot. I doubt it will ever replace my Nikon DSLR though.

Steve Borichevsky said...

It is amazing, Roy. I can remember when 3.5mp was a big deal.

Yup, John. I left my point and shoot home. It's destined for the bone yard. The cell phone was much more responsive and a much wider dynamic range.

Margaret Adamson said...

Yes great shots from your phone.

bunnits said...

Looks like a great trip. Thanks for sharing it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails