Monday, September 8, 2014

Shooting at noon.

Yah, I know. You’re supposed to get out of bed at 3:00 am, drive hours to get to your spot and wait for the magic hour to take landscapes. Life does not always work out like that. When you arrive at noon and find a scene like this, what are you going to do? Well, you shoot it.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

A bit of the back story, I was driving through Manchester, Vermont at 11:00 in the morning a took a drive off of Rt 7A and swung by Hildene, Robert Todd Lincoln’s home. Robert was Abraham’s oldest son who built a summer home in Manchester. This is the front lawn. (Yes, shot in the mid day sun, but you have to be fearless with the light, my friends.)  I didn’t have time to take a tour, but I suggest you check it out if you are in the area. The above shot was take from the parking lot. Midday sun or not, it reminds me of home and therefore makes me happy. (The mountains, not Hildene. My home was a tad bit smaller.)

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

Be sure to visit Our World Tuesday this week.

4 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

That golden light can be incredible but these two photographs are just as enjoyable to my eye. I am not an expert but I know what I like, and I like these very much.

Kerri Farley said...

Beautiful!!

CabinGirl said...

I'd rather make fun memories than stick to a timeline :-) And the photos are still gorgeous!

Kay said...

Beautiful photos.

Related Posts with Thumbnails