Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Red-tailed Hawk, the harbinger of fall

I took a drive out to upstate New York to visit family last week. Along the way I saw signs that the leaves are starting to turn. This seems to be a bit early, however some of the more stressed trees will be the first ones to change.

This is a warning, if you are planning a foliage trip this year, it is best that you start planning and watch the foliage forecasts. It may come on early this year. We have had some cooler temperatures in the evenings.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

About the photo, Sunday I went out to Appleton Farms. I’ve seen this Red-tail around before. It flew into a Red Maple tree that was changing, the only one along the roadside. I only was able to get one frame before it flew deeper into the tree.

Be sure to visit Wild Bird Wednesday this week.

8 comments:

Susan (ABON) said...

Great capture of a beautiful hawk!

Ida said...

One shot but it was wonderful. Love hawks and fall colors too.

Pete Shanley said...

Great experience nicely captured. I've not heard of a foliage trip ... but then many of friends look at me weird when I say i'm off on a birding trip!

Marie said...

A gorgeous hawk! How nice of him to land in the one tree with changing foliage! Great photo!

BumbleVee said...

only one shot...but, a beut!

Gunilla Bäck said...

Gorgeous shot!

Felicia said...

magnificent bird and you captured him so beautifully.

Judy said...

I didn't realize they could turn their heads so far!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails