Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Meadowhawk–damselfly tussle

I stopped into my manager’s office for a brief chat about business and noticed it was getting onto noon. “It’s getting onto lunch, I let you get onto your walk. I brought my gear in today. I’m going to check out Old Rockport Road.” Old Rockport Road runs though Dogtown behind where we work.

”Going out after birds?” he asked. He knows that I’m a little left of center (a polite way to say eccentric, but I don’t think I’m wealthy enough to be called “eccentric”. Left of center is more my class.) “No, I’m after dragonflies.” So I threw my pack on my back and took a walk.

This time of year the dragonfly season is winding down, so I didn’t expect to find much. When I arrived  the dragon scene was fairly quiet except for a little tussle betwixt a Meadowhawk and a Spotted Spreadwing. These were all shot during the noon day sun. Yes you have to be fearless with the light.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

No, my perch.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

My perch!

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

No, my perch!

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

My perch.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

Fine, I’ll stay here where you cannot see me.

5 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Amazing shots!

John @ Sinbad and I on the Loose said...

I refer to it 'a few degrees off center' and I am proud of it. Great shots.

Frank said...

Super shots Steve.

I also used to get lots of strange comments when I admitted where I'd been on my way to work!

Susan (ABON) said...

Fantastic shots, love the narrative too!

DeniseinVA said...

Love the background on these. Those pretty flying critters really stand out. Great photos!

Related Posts with Thumbnails