Thursday, September 18, 2014

Late summer dragons

Dragon season is winding down here in Massachusetts. The autumn colors are starting to take over the meadows. Here is a Meadowhawk on a blueberry leaf.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

We have three Meadowhawk species that are indistinguishable by us mere mortals.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

I believe that this is a Lance-tipped Darner. I’ve seen quite a few this year, although finding them resting is rather rare.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

Look closely, there are three bugs in this image! I didn’t realize it until I got into the dark room.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

6 comments:

Roy Norris said...

Three is a crowd Steve.{:))

DeniseinVA said...

Marvelous images Steve. Siting by a pond and seeing all the dragonflies is a wonderful sight. I have a favorite spot for this pastime.

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

Very good captures. I'm not very good at capturing dragonflies.

Susan (ABON) said...

I see a few dragonflies around my place, but I rarely catch them resting so I can get some good photos. These are nice, Steve!

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Great macro shots!

Ida said...

Still loving the blue colored body of the one dragon fly. Fun to catch that 3rd little bug in your shot.

Related Posts with Thumbnails