Wednesday, August 27, 2014

You haven’t lived until you’ve tried to photograph one of these

This is a Giant Swallowtail. The challenge with this bug is that they seem to be on coffee overload. It’s the most jittery, hyperactive butterfly that I have ever shot. Add to the mix that the butterfly bush sways in the breeze and you’ve got a photographic adventure.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

5 comments:

Kerri Farley said...

Gorgeous!!

Ida said...

Wonderful. I know trying to photograph with a breeze blowing is horrible. These are just delightful shots.

CabinGirl said...

HA! This is so true. I can't tell you how many blurred shots I have of these guys. Laughed aloud when I read your opening paragraph.

Do you know what your settings were? (and I love the bee that was a bonus capture)

Steve Borichevsky said...

I pumped up the ISO to 320 which gave me shutter speeds around 1/1600 sec at f/4. I was sporting my 300mm F/4 prime on a D7100.

CabinGirl said...

Thanks! Off to stalk a butterfly...

Related Posts with Thumbnails