Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Blue-gray Gnatcatchers

It’s not often that I get an opportunity to photograph Blue-gray Gnatcatchers. They are usually high up in the trees. As it so often goes, when it rains, it pours. I found a flock of about five working the lower branches. 

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

Why this one was interested in this dead vine materials puzzles me. Certainly, it is too late for nesting.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

Two juveniles.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

Be sure to visit Wild Bird Wednesday this week.

8 comments:

Judy said...

Such pretty little birds!!! I don't think I have seen these before...

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Excellent shots. Perfect focus and clarity. Are these taken with your 300mm lens?

The Furry Gnome said...

Great pictures!

Janice Adcock said...

Great shots of the sweet bird.

Marie said...

Beautiful bird! Such great photos!

Gunilla Bäck said...

Pretty little birds!

Adam Jones said...

A great little bird and a new one for me.

Phyllis Oller said...

Great photos! Phyllis

Related Posts with Thumbnails