Thursday, July 24, 2014

Western Gulls

With all of the gulls that I post, one would think that I’m good at gull identification. Well, when I’m in Gloucester, yes! In California, it’s another story. I just know that I see something that isn’t quite “Herring”. So I shoot it.

These are Western Gulls that I shot at Drakes Bay Oyster Company in Inverness, California.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

Check out the bill structure and color with the lone red dot. The gray backs and the pink legs. The backs are a little darker than the Herring.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

3 comments:

Roy Norris said...

They look a bit like our Lesser black backed gulls Steve. Gull ID is nightmare.

Frank said...

Nice to see Larus occidentalis up close. The head and neck on the adults is much cleaner than the LBB.

Ana Mínguez Corella said...

Fantastic pictures.. Congrats..

Related Posts with Thumbnails