Friday, July 11, 2014

Two pretty cool sparrows

On the recent trip out to my happy place, I had some time to kill prior to my flight home. I took a drive over to Boulder Valley Ranch which is an open space property. To get there, take Hy 36 to Longhorn Rd. I didn’t expect to see much but I was greatly surprised. Driving down the road I spotted a Lark Sparrow on a fence post on top of a knoll. Since the sky was overcast and the sparrow was severely backlit, I increase the exposure to 1-2/3 stops. That is one handsome sparrow!

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

This is a Vesper Sparrow. Yes, I was having a good day!

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

2 comments:

Merisi said...

Those are to beautiful sparrows!
I love the house sparrows around here, but have never seen the ones you captured.

Frank said...

They perched very nicely for you Steve.

Related Posts with Thumbnails