Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Arrowhead Spiketail and friends

When I made the climb up the hill, I wasn’t seeing dragons where I though I should be seeing them. Then on the edge of the meadow on top of the hill, I found a little hot spot.

A year ago I shot an Arrowhead Spiketail in the same general area. These were exceptionally cooperative bugs.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

The goal of many wildlife photographers is to get two species in one shot. How did I do?

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

In the same spot was a Twelve-spotted Skimmer that had claimed his favorite spot.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

And down in the grass was another.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

As if the Spiketail wasn’t cool enough, there was a Painted Skimmer that had her spot on a fallen white pine branch.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

3 comments:

Trees Planet said...

Wow! What a post! All the pictures are looking great. These make me feeling in real nature. It is the part of our real heaven Earth. I also love the nature. And also love the Trees. Thanks.
Trees Planet

Frank said...

Ladybird for lunch?

Super selection Steve.

Judy said...

So many different kinds of dragons!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails