Saturday, June 7, 2014

The Return of the Dragonfly Whisperer!

Thursday I mentioned that I went for a walk by the Ipswich River. The feeling was indescribable as I came out into a meadow an there was a squadron of meadowhawks and Harlequin Darners hunting for mayflies that were blown in by the breeze. Ahhh…all of the intolerable winter weather and the cold damp spring induced melancholy feelings faded as I found my first New England Dragonfly resting in the field.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

It is hard to fathom that I shot my first dragon in New England on June first. But here it is! A little further on the walk I found the wonderful moth.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

There were a few dozen Common Ringlets flitting about. This one stayed in one spot long enough to become immortalized.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

4 comments:

Frank said...

Nature has a way of cheering us up.

Steve Borichevsky said...

Yup!

Roy Norris said...

A sight to behold Steve. Its nice when you see a species for the first time in year. You have taken a great shot of it.
The Common Ringlet looks a lot like our Meadow Brown.

bunnits said...

As always, Steve, great photos. Thanks.

Related Posts with Thumbnails