Monday, June 2, 2014

Left Hand and Right Hand Ibis

These are Glossy Ibis. They are east coast birds. This is way I see them flying through the front yard. They do fly by quite fast! I usually have less than five seconds to get the camera up to my face and get a shot.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky©2014 Steve Borichevsky

While I was visiting the Salton Sea, I managed to stumble upon a flock of White-faced Ibis. This is a west coast bird.©2014 Steve Borichevsky©2014 Steve Borichevsky©2014 Steve Borichevsky

I was even lucky enough to get this juvenile.

3 comments:

Carol Mattingly said...

Love these birds. So cool looking.

Roy Norris said...

We get excited if we see one Glossy Ibis in this Country Steve. Quite a rare event.

Arija said...

The ibis in the last shot looks like it is smiling. You must have caught it on it's good side, even Ibis can be vain.

Related Posts with Thumbnails