Tuesday, June 24, 2014

I got my prize!

I had a couple of target species in mind when I visited Colorado. But since it was a business trip, I had a very limited time to go out. One of the species that I was hoping to get that would be relatively close to Boulder, but up in the mountains was the Mountain Bluebird. This male was found on Bald Mountain at an elevation of 7000ft above sea level.

In Colorado, they will migrate to the lower planes in the winter and head up to the mountains for the breeding season.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

Be sure to visit Wild Bird Wednesday this week!

4 comments:

Ana Mínguez Corella said...

Fine!!!.. Lovely bird.. Cheers

Marilyn Kircus said...

Beautiful pictures. I'm surveying 40 bluebird boxes - they house mountain bluebirds and tree swallows. Both are soo beautiful.

Ida said...

Congrats and what a beautiful bird.

Arija said...

What a pretty, pretty bird with that pale blue!

Related Posts with Thumbnails