Thursday, June 5, 2014

Blue-winged Warbler

I took a drive over to the Ipswich River with my gear to get some fresh air and sunshine on Sunday.  I found these exquisite tiny violets.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky©2014 Steve Borichevsky

I could hear Green-throated Warblers as I walked up the trail. A Black-and-white warbler popped out briefly. Then my hart skipped a beat. It’s a male Blue-winged Warbler!

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

A few minutes later, a female appeared in the brush.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

After the warbler party left, I went up the trail to a meadow. On the return, I found another Blue-winged Warbler in a beech tree.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

3 comments:

Kerri Farley said...

~ Beauty ~

Frank said...

Another SWEET find Steve and certainly a new warbler species for me.

Ida said...

The violets are lovely and so dainty looking. What sweet birds, love their yellow feathers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails