Sunday, June 22, 2014

Back from “My Happy Place”

I was recently on a business trip to Boulder, Colorado. I have three suppliers that I visit every couple of years. One of them was my former employer so I know Boulder fairly well. Colorado is my happy place. During the off business hours, I had a great time visiting some old places to see what changed or stayed the same.

This the view from South Boulder Creek at Cherryvale looking towards Long Peak.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

Looking in the opposite direction is where the planes meet the foothills. That’s what Boulder is all about. The mountains are on the west side, the planes are on to the east. You can’t get lost.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

On the west side of Boulder are the foothills. A drive up to Flagstaff Mountain will give you breathtaking views. There is a pullout about 2000 feet above town.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

When you get up there in the late afternoon after the sun has warmed up the ponderosa pines, you can smell the sweet scent of vanilla from the tree bark.

3 comments:

Kathy W said...

Steve your photos are breathtaking. I have always said that going to Colorado will be at the top of my bucket list on day.

Linda said...

Beautiful scenery and light!

Kay said...

Great views.

Related Posts with Thumbnails