Thursday, June 26, 2014

Are you kidding me?

©2014 Steve BorichevskyAs I mentioned a few days ago, I took a business trip to my happy place. Well, you know me. I wouldn’t leave on a trip without some gear anymore than I would go without a toothbrush. Come to think of it, I FORGOT my toothbrush and had to run to the supermarket. But I had some gear!

One of my suppliers is in Longmont, Colorado. I took the turn to go up their road and saw this herd of goats on the west side of the road.

When I drive down the road, I’m always “seeing the picture”. This was no exception, however I had an appointment and like so may pictures that I see and cannot stop…I just had to stay focused (on my upcoming meeting, not on the shots in my mind).

I arrived on time to my meeting and saw many of the colleagues that I worked with when I lived in Colorado. After the meeting, I started to head back to the hotel and saw the goats were moved over to the east side of the road. There was a young lady tending them. Me, being the quintessential smart-ass asked, “Are these your kids?” She looked at me like I was from Mars. I handed her my blog card and asked permission to photograph the goats. Fortunately, she said yes and since I was in business casual dress, there wasn’t any mace involved.

She had two kids that were born two days prior. They both look like they are trying to figure out what their tongues are..

 ©2014 Steve Borichevsky©2014 Steve Borichevsky

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

Thanks for bearing with me on this one. I’ve never photographed goats before. It was rather fun. I am happy that I had an opportunity to work with them for a brief time. It was back to the hotel to get caught up on the day’s emails.

8 comments:

alp said...

Unas maravillosas imagenes..un saludo desde Murcia...

The Furry Gnome said...

Best goat pictures I've ever seen!

John @ Sinbad and I on the Loose said...

Never stop kidding around.

Helen said...

Those are great pictures. Looks as if their watering tub needed some water in it. My cousin grows goats and has two of those Great Pyrenees dogs to keep the coyote from eating them. You did good!

EasyDiverChris said...

I think the older ones look like they're smiling at the camera. Say "Goat Cheese!"

Steve Borichevsky said...

I'm glad ya'all enjoyed this one.

Ida said...

How wonderful that she said, "yes" because you got some great shots of these goats. The "kids" with their tongues sticking out are adorable.

Roy Norris said...

Brilliant images Steve.
Thats a lot of kids, when do they all start going to school.{:))

Related Posts with Thumbnails