Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Three birds I always whished could have gotten.

When I was visiting the Sonny Bono Salton Sea National Wildlife Refuge last April, I had the opportunity to photograph three birds that never was able to get the camera up to my face fast enough to capture. If that wasn’t fun enough, these were all shot within a 20 yard radius.
Abert’s Towhee was a bird that got away in 1987. I remember trying for the shots back in the film days but it just wasn’t to be. Fast forward 24 years and I get my prize. Oddly enough, it was in the exact same location that I missed them before! The trees are much larger than I remember. Hmm…
©2014 Steve Borichevsky
©2014 Steve Borichevsky
Common Ground-doves are not too hard to find, but they are so small and I always find them on a manicured lawn or golf course. Therefore the images were never interesting enough to shoot.
©2014 Steve Borichevsky
White-winged Dove. Well, I’ve looked at a lot of morning doves on wires before I found this one!
©2014 Steve Borichevsky
©2014 Steve Borichevsky

2 comments:

Frank said...

Well done Steve. They do say everything come to he who waits!

I remember visiting a small park in Galveston just to see White-winged Doves.

Ida said...

All very nice shots. That white winged dove is unique.

Related Posts with Thumbnails