Saturday, May 24, 2014

Sweet White Violets

Cold, wet weekends have kept me out of the woods so I have not imaged many wildflowers this spring. We do have some violets growing in the back yard which gave me an opportunity to get some shots.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

When I started to edit the images, I noticed that I had captured something unexpected.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

Do you see it yet? It’s a bit muddled.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

Take a look at the flower to the left.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

The is a spider that caught a bee in the violet. The interesting aspect is that the spider’s abdomen is colored like the veins in the flower.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

Be sure to visit Today’s Flowers this week.

5 comments:

Gunilla Bäck said...

The violets are very pretty and the spider is very cool. Nature is awesome!

Judy said...

This spring, I have been noticing a lot of insects in the flowers!! i suppose it is a good place to catch dinner...
Love the white violets - a colour I do not have...

Karen said...

The whites are even more delicate looking.

Ida said...

Fabulous shots of these delicate white violets. Neat capture of the bee/spider.

Arija said...

Great macro of the fight to the death in the violet. White violets are a treasure although rather invasive.

Related Posts with Thumbnails