Friday, May 2, 2014

Forgotten Photo Friday, Black-tailed Gnatcatcher

It’s time to do an archive dive and whilst I was going thought the photos, culling out the flotsam and jetsam that I should have done when I took the photos originally, I stumbled upon some little gems that were never published.

©2013 Steve BorichevskyTaken last December in Palm Springs, here are a some Black-tailed Gnatcatcher photos. Damned cute birds. They are quite busy making a living gleaning bugs from the bushes, thus they can be difficult to capture. The identification is best made by looking at the patterns of the tails from below. I tend to overshoot Gnatcatchers out west in hopes of catching field marks. In this case, I wasn’t so lucky. Is it a California Gnatcatcher, Black-tailed Gnatcatcher or Blue-gray? I did find one photo that tipped me off…but it was a stretch! I’m calling it a Black-tailed Gnatcatcher so that I can get on with my life.

All of that said, I just hope that you enjoy the images.

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails