Sunday, March 23, 2014

Soldier’s Pass, Sedona Arizona

On March 16th, I was reminiscing about the day trip we took to Sedona, Arizona and I promised that I would show you some images from Soldier’s Pass hike that Becky and I took.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

One of the landmarks along the walk is this giant sinkhole. I peered over the edge. I didn’t see any Corvettes at the bottom.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

Walking along the trails I saw a Juniper Titmouse, which was a life bird. Alas, no photo, but the scenery was stunning. I also saw a Pinion Jay, which is a pretty cool bird for me.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

And my favorite image from the trip.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

After we were done exploring Soldier’s Pass we headed north up 89A towards Flagstaff. What a beautiful drive! It climbs up to the high desert, 6000-7000 feet above sea level. Becky spotted some Wapiti on a ridge. How fortuitous. There was a little pull off on the side of the road at just the right spot to get a couple of shots.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

2 comments:

Kay said...

What a beautiful place. I sure would enjoy hiking there.

A New England Life said...

We live in such a beautiful country. Glad you are able to enjoy so much of it, Steve! The corvette joke was pretty humorous : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails