Thursday, March 6, 2014

Grab a Piece…

Becky and I decided to hop in the car and head north out of Scottsdale, Arizona up towards Sedona. We left with a full tank of gas and empty bellies in search of a real American diner to grab some breakfast. About 45 miles up the road, we found the Rock Springs Café.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

It was a little early for pie (and cheese cake) but we certainly found a slice of America.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

When we arrived at about 9:00 am there were plenty of tables. By 9:30 the place was packed!

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

I love the south west’s cuisine. Me, I was just jonessing for some huevos rancheros. Two eggs, green chili salsa, carnitas and beans on a tortilla. Bring it on! This is a meal that kept me going for hours.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

Now the Rock Springs Café is noted for pie and pie they had. Our waitress asked if we wanted some pie after our breakfast. Unfortunately, I had to pass.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

Oh, and the 50’s vintage Chevy above was not part of the establishment’s vibe. It belonged to a patron! I was just lucky to get the photo before he drove off.

After we left we found a great hiking trail to walk off breakfast. But that’s a story for another post.

If this kind of post brightens up your day, I’m glad. If that’s the case, hop on over to check out Sinbad and I on the Loose. John is a master at shooting America.

2 comments:

John @ Sinbad and I on the Loose said...

Gee, thanks for the plug Steve although I hardly consider myself a "master". Sinbad and I will be on the road again in a little over a week shooting America as you say. Golly, that breakfast looks good. It would have stayed with me all day. The cafe was a good find. I am pretty sure I've not been by it as I always steer south of Phoenix. I look forward to the hike.

Brite Mist said...

This place has been there forever - i remember in a trip of the Southwest with my parents ... a long time age!

Related Posts with Thumbnails