Sunday, March 9, 2014

Eastern Point ducks

It has been quite a while since I’ve been over to Eastern Point to shoot ducks. It’s a bit of a trick. When I go, I like to go on a ‘quieter’ day, one that will not bring a lot of traffic. Today was such a day. My original target was to get out on the breakwater to find some Purple Sandpipers, but finding none, I headed back to the parking lot. Since there wasn’t any other traffic, I worked my way over the boulders to a quiet place and sat and waited.

The ducks in our area are very much wild and do not trust humans so I have to be patient and wait for something to swim buy.

American Wigeon

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

Buffleheads are our smallest duck and one of the most challenging. They are very shy here.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

American Black Duck

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

American Black Duck, female to the left, male to the right.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

Gadwall

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

Other ducks seen were Red-breasted Merganser, Common Eider and Common Loon.

4 comments:

Kerri Farley said...

Great captures!

Carol Mattingly said...

Hey Steve, thought I'd stop by and say hello and tell you how much I loved the images from your trip and these of the ducks. Wished I could find that many different species in one spot without having to travel too far. Carol

John @ Sinbad and I on the Loose said...

Are you done with the desert trip? Say it isn't so.

Roy Norris said...

It was worth you waiting Steve, as you took some great shots of a good variety.

Related Posts with Thumbnails