Monday, January 6, 2014

Shields Date Garden

If you find yourself traveling down towards Indio  down Highway 111 from Palm Springs, California, you should stop into Shields Date Garden for a bit of refreshment and a couple of pounds of dates.

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

Inside is a little touristy, but they make a great shake. World Famous, it is!

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

1/4 cup of frozen date paste (1/4 cup of Shields Date Crystals, 1/4 cup of water)
1 cup vanilla ice cream
1/2 cup of cold milk
Blend and enjoy.

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

And here it is. Becky and I split this one. It kept me going for hours. Trust me…it was tasty-delish.

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

We walked out with three pounds of Medjool dates, as we always do when we visit.

Be sure to visit Our World Tuesday this week!

3 comments:

John @ Sinbad and I on the Loose said...

As many times that I've been through there I've never tried one. It just doesn't seem right - a date shake. Guess if I liked dates more it would be different.

Jim said...

Cool!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

great shot of the counter...i love a good shake myself.

Related Posts with Thumbnails