Saturday, January 25, 2014

Saturday evening creature feature, Turkeys and meeting other photographers

This morning I took a trip out to Plum Island and ran into photographer Charlie MacPherson. He was leading a workshop. They were pulled over by the side of the road and were working with a small flock of Turkeys. Since it would be rude to dive through their photo-shoot, I decided to join in. They graciously accepted me into their group. The students were just doing a great job with the Turkeys.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

I struggle with Turkeys. I have a difficult time getting shots that I really enjoy. It’s probably because I when I see their feathers, I just go into a state of bedazzlement. They are very iridescent and complex. Turkeys are not black, look a the shades of greens and reds in this hen’s feathers.

©2014 Steve Borichevsky

I exchanged cards with Charlie and the students and requested that the send me an email if they posted any photos online. I’d love to see what they came up with.

Charlie MacPherson’s website is TheAmaizingImage.com. He has some wonderful images and some really great resources…tips, workshops, tours and what-not. An easy-going guy with the right attitude. I think you’ll enjoy his work.

2 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Pretty good turkey pix if you ask me. I can never get close enough to get good shots at all.

Kelly said...

...you've captured the feather structure so well. Love these! Sounds like a great workshop.

Related Posts with Thumbnails