Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Wrenching on a Buick

©2013 Steve BorichevskyThose that follow me may remember last October I put up a post about a 39 Buick Special that I saw at a car show?

Well, here I am below wrenching on my ‘39 Buick Special Sedan. There are some clues in the photo that tell me that I had graduated from high school and would soon be off to college. One of the clues is that I am 20 lbs lighter in the photo. 

If you look off to the right, you can see a sign, “CAUTION HOT VAPORS”. That is on the door of the dark room that I built in the corner of the garage. It must have been all of five feet wide by four feet deep. Just enough for a sink and a counter for the enlarger. It was a good thing I was 20 lbs lighter or I would not have been able to turn around in there.

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

5 comments:

Carol Mattingly said...

Fantastic Steve. I absolutely love this post.

John @ Sinbad and I on the Loose said...

Neat! Ever wonder where that car is now? I have a couple from the long list of cars I've had that I wonder where they are now. Hope not a junkyard or have been recycled into a drainage pipe or trash can.

Roy Norris said...

Is that the "Beach Boys' music I can hear ringing in my ears.

Roy Norris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
weekend et coup de brosse said...

je découvre ton blog , j'adore; je te rends visite de mon blog peinture! Merci à bientôt sur mon blog photo:
Cath CH Photography.

Related Posts with Thumbnails